The small print
Amasiko Halfway House sponsorship will be for one student for a period of seven months, six months residential at the Amasiko Halfway House and one month residential at Shalom Technical College.
The cost of sponsorship will cover:
- Tuition fees
- Training materials
- Accommodation, meals and medical care
- National tailoring certification exam (the equivalent certification for salon is under investigation).
- Associated administration fees incurred in Uganda such as transport and utilities
What the sponsor gets
- The sponsor will be linked with a named student and will be provided with information regarding the background and history of the student.
- A photograph of the student and a sponsorship certificate.
- Online access to talk to the student up to three times during the course. (Note that the student will most likely have very limited English skills but a translator will be provided.)
- Reports on the progress of the student every two months.
- Sponsors will be allocated to students in the month prior to the start of the course.
- Due to the environment in which we work and the situation of the students and their families it is possible that a student will drop out of the course before the start or before completion. Should this happen a sponsor may be allocated to a different student, either on the same intake of a subsequent intake.
- The cost of sponsorship is provided as a donation and is not refundable.
- A donation paid through CAF America will be remitted directly to Alongside Africa Uganda, a registered International NGO in Uganda.
- A donation paid by credit / debit card directly on the UK sponsorship page will be paid to Alongside Africa, a registered UK charity. All of this money is remitted directly to Alongside Africa Uganda.